Porcelain veneers what do you know?
Pearly white porcelain veneers have won the hearts of many a mate, secured many a job opportunity and made many friends. They’ve snapped countless selfies, starred in trillions of movies and sparkled at every Hollywood event. They’re on the cover of magazines, they’re social media influencers, they present the news, play elite sport and strut their stuff on the catwalk. Porcelain veneers are everywhere, especially around the Gold Coast; but what do you really know about them?
Once considered the cosmetic luxury of the rich and famous, porcelain veneers are now much more accessible for everyday people, and for a variety of applications. It’s easier than ever to achieve the dream smile you’ve always wanted.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are pearly prosthetics fashioned using a very thin shell of tooth-coloured porcelain and designed to replicate natural tooth enamel. They look a little like a false fingernail. Each veneer is custom-made for a particular tooth to ensure they look and feel extremely natural – and beautiful. Veneers are shaped and colour-matched to perfection before being permanently bonded to the front of your natural teeth to address a variety of aesthetic and physical concerns.
Who should consider veneers?
If you don’t like the look of your teeth or smile, veneers may be the answer to achieving your best brand-new look. You might turn to veneers rather than braces to fix minor crookedness and malalignment. If you don’t like the colour of your teeth and want a crisp white long-lasting solution you can find it in veneers. If you have minor tooth damage or if you’d love your smile to look fuller and brighter, a porcelain pick me up could be just what you need.
The act of smiling should make us happy. If your grin has got you down, and you rarely flash your friendly enamel, a cosmetic veneer treatment can gift you with that dazzling, confident smile. It can literally be life-changing.
The very best candidates for veneers have the following qualities:
- Committed to excellent oral hygiene and routine care. You brush and floss twice per day, and religiously attend your regular dental check-ups and cleans.
- Have good periodontal and general oral health, the better the condition your teeth are in, the more likely a veneer procedure will be suitable.
- Have specific goals and a vision for your smile. Can you tell your dentist exactly what you find unappealing, and why?
- Realistic expectations. What might look stunning on one person may not be suited to the contours and features of your face and mouth. Trust in the expertise of your cosmetic dentist to help you achieve your unique smiling personal best. That which is in perfect harmony with your facial form.
The benefits of porcelain veneers
Veneers are comfortable, and look and feel like real teeth
Once the veneer procedure is expertly completed by an accomplished cosmetic dentist, you shouldn’t feel any discomfort. As with anything new there is a small adjustment period as you get used to your new smile; but it won’t feel artificial or uncomfortable. The perfect smile for you will feel wonderful.
Porcelain veneers can be exactly matched to your natural teeth
If you only need one or a few veneers to dramatically improve your smile they can be perfectly matched to the colour and contour of your existing teeth. Veneers are individually hand-sculpted for each patient ensuring a perfect fit. Even the keenest of smile observers would never know they’re not 100% natural – unless you tell them. It will be you and your dentist’s best kept secret.
Veneers can mask a wide range of concerns
Depending on the severity of the problem, veneers are a successful remedy for a number of aesthetic and physical attributes:
- Uneven shape, contour and sizes
- Minor bite-related problems
- Broken, cracked or chipped tooth
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor crookedness and malalignment
Well applied veneers are durable and long-lasting
Veneers are highly resistant to discolouration over time compared to tooth-coloured fillings or natural teeth, they’ll stay brighter and whiter for longer. An expert application using the highest quality materials should last up to 10 years or more if they are well cared for, and you stick with your regular dental check-ups and cleans.
How long does it take, and what should you expect from the procedure?
We can only speak for ourselves; but Dr Anthony Hua’s cosmetic process is of the highest standard to ensure his best work, every time. He wasn’t rated Tweed Heads top cosmetic dentist in 2018 by accident.
- You begin with an initial planning appointment with Dr Hua followed by a complimentary consultation with our local dental ceramist. We discuss the shade, shape and form of your desired teeth.
- We take into account your age, gender, facial versus dental midline and long axis.
- We consider your complexion, as well as various other teeth-specific, gum-specific and occlusal factors. This ensures that your handcrafted, bespoke veneers truly enhance your unique smile in balance with your natural features.
- Typically, you will attend two more appointments with Dr Hua as we prepare and perfect your new look.
- We work closely with our dental ceramist and if required offer an ‘in-situ try-in’ appointment to ensure everything looks and feels as intended before we permanently bond your new teeth.
- Following the treatment, we ensure you’re equipped with the information to care for your beautiful new smile.
- You can’t contain your excitement, and neither can we! We take some before and afters (with your permission of course) and celebrate another stunning success.
- We take the time to ensure an amazing result – you can’t rush perfection.
At Burleigh Dental Studio we pride ourselves on the highest level of care
Dr Hua is well known for his unique approach to cosmetic dentistry. He dedicates his time to providing a premium level of care, that can’t be found elsewhere. His meticulous service ensures your veneer-fitting is a comfortable experience, and a complete success.
A self-confessed perfectionist, he uses only the best materials and bonding protocols, for optimal results designed to last.